Troubleshooting tips to resolve technical issues with Thrive.
Trouble With myBama Site?
For all Login problems please contact The University of Alabama IT Service Desk at 205-348-5555. For any difficulty using the Thrive program, contact Thrive support at email@example.com or 800-434-0154.
Resolve Most Issues w/ these 3 steps:
- Switch browsers: use Chrome or Firefox when you can, instead of IE
- Clear your browser’s cache
- Update browser to the most recent version
Trouble Viewing the Course Media?
This is usually due to functional bandwidth limitations – heavy network traffic on your computer’s connection to the Internet – or to specific problems with certain media players.
Try the following:
- Close all other applications and tabs (i.e. iTunes, Facebook, YouTube, Netflix).
- Switch browser (Google Chrome is recommended but not required).
- Reboot your computer.
- Disable all popup blockers and 3rd party toolbars.
- Try accessing the course from a different Internet connection, preferably high speed (computer lab, library). Other areas of the campus network may provide improved bandwidth or a particular machine may be infected with a bandwidth-consuming virus.
- If on a wireless connection, try a wired connection.
- Try accessing at a different time of day (during non-peak internet usage hours, i.e. morning).
For any difficulty with videos repeating, make sure you are clicking “next” after completing a segment. If you click the play button after completing a segment, the same video will restart.